Monday, May 11, 2009



i tend to complicate things...a yearning for a life less so. simplicity. we have decided to purchase a home, our first and make the move into town. i am excited for new...for something all our own. it is my intent to make said move bringing as little junk as possible, packing only what is necessary...starting anew. thus far whenever i have moved i have brought with me boxes & suitcases of what most would consider garbage...thinking i would sort thru it once i had the chance. these boxes remain in hidden corners never having been sorted. my office is a disaster, no work space to speak of....stacks of paper, books....more garbage. excess. it is my desire to have less. to create more. to live a life more simple. i have spent the last 5 years un~willing to admit that three hills may in fact be home...discontent brought on by the digging in of my heels against it. i am unsure really of the origin of these feelings. coming back to three hills....my childhood home....a place with so many memories, the good and the bad. a place where many have left and many still remain. old friends, new friends. i know it to be true that when away, i miss here. but as i have traveled and settled and planted roots in other places there is always missing. as we begin to prepare for our move i am excited. prospects of a home all our own....making it our very own. our first home. a place in which our little family can grow and settle for however long that may be.

3 comments:

kiko said...

Hi Ranae
I think I wrestled with the same feeling over the last 12 years. I have finally come to see that this is home. And I am at peace. For me, the place I would love to live is Portland. I started to think what if I moved there? All the people I know are either my parents age or older. I will have to start brand new, building relationships, which is not all bad. But for me who is extremely relational and takes time to build those relationships, I can see myself being in one place I have always yearn to be, and be completely lost and lonely. I am surrounded by love here. Yes, it is rather stale and uninspiring for those of us who crave inspiration. I am grateful to have you close, you understand me completely and you get me. You are a kindred spirit. You are a beautiful friend and I am blessed.

Lola said...

I like you're blog so I'm going to bookmark it if that's ok.

I love your contentment. Just when I think I've got it, I end up starting all over again. Maybe in Heaven I will have a cedar sided beach house, beeswax polished wood floors and and outdoor shower. :) Something makes me think that I may not be so concerned with that then.

Alicia said...

I remember the first time we met, the hours late in to the wee morning we talked about your writing, about your memories, about soo much. You hardly let anyone read the entries because you wanted to read to them, yourself :) This writing is so good as you reach out to meet your thoughts with written words. Thank you for this glimpse into yours.
I hope one day we will live close enough to each other our children will ask to play together.